THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT - Email us to reserve a place on the next masterclass.
Do you struggle to create your own product photography? Are you frustrated in how your products are presented? ‘The Designer/maker’s favourite Photographer’ Yeshen Venema will join us at The Forge for this masterclass in product photography.
The session will start with a brief presentation with images shot by Yeshen and a couple of case studies and will then move on to cover practical tips and live demos showing you how to shoot a variety of product types from ceramics and textiles and prints and stationery.
Please bring a few of your own products if you wish them to be used in the demo.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to prepare for a product photoshoot (moodboard/shot list)
- Doing your own photos vs working with a professional
- How to use natural lightHow to visualise your photos
- The top 5 (cheap) essential accessories that will help your product shots
- Specific tips for reflective productsUsing your phone camera vs a DLSR
- How to maximise use of your images on your website and social media
Yeshen has worked with hundreds and designer/makers and small businesses in the craft and design sector and is one of the leading product photographers in London. He has run workshops around the UK with The Design Trust, The Craft Council, ETSY and Folksy. Alongside his photography work, Yeshen is an official Squarespace Specialist and trainer and creates short films and animations with his partner Natasha as Yesh&Tash. They share a home studio in Islington, London.
This masterclass is open to all types of makers but please be aware large pieces, furniture etc may not be covered. Please do get in touch if you have any questions .
Part of our creative business program - simple, affordable & timely workshops for designer-makers, online business owners & creative freelancers.