Join embroidery experts Melanie Bowles and Aimee Betts who will guide you through the A-Z of embroidery stitches. Each letter of the alphabet has its own individual embroidery technique ready to practice. The alphabet is printed onto a linen sampler and accompanied with an instruction book illustrating each stitch.
Participants will receive the A-Z Embroidery kit containing a 48cm x 76cm printed linen sampler, embroidery hoop, needle, threads and stitch instructions to take home
- Learn and practice six embroidery stitches and be introduced to the complete alphabet of stitches.
- Discover the benefits of slow stitching as a form of de-stressing as an antidote to modern life.
- Explore the wealth of embroidery stitches and celebrate the art of needlework.
- Be inspired by the Stitch-School archive of embroidery books and samplers.
- Become part of the Stitch-School community ready to share skills and the benefits of embroidery.
- Enjoy slow conversation through the act of making and creating.
THERE ARE 2 SESSIONS AVAILABLE FOR THIS EVENT : 11am - 1pm or 2 - 4pm
Co-founder Aimee Betts specialises in embroidery and braiding for producing bespoke products for interiors and jewellery collections. Her work explores the parallels and crossovers between traditional knotting, braiding and hand embroidery techniques, Aimee’s work can be found at The New Craftsmen. Aimee studied at the Royal College of Art and is currently specialist stitch technician at Chelsea College of Art and Goldsmith University.
Co-founder Melanie Bowles studied Embroidery at Manchester Metropolitan University and is Senior Lecturer at Chelsea College of Arts. Author of Digital Textile Design and Print, Make, Wear publisher Laurence King. She specialises in designing educational kits to encourage and inspire textile processes alongside doing her own embroidery work which she exhibits.