Join Alana of Fodder & Plonk for an evening learning about the history fermentation, alongside the health benefits associated with eating fermented foods. Alana will then demo fermentation techniques and talk you through the process of making your own jarred goodies. You will then get to flavour your own water kefir using a variety of fruits, Herbs and spices and finish the evening with a light supper including fermented food and drinks (non alcoholic) around our long table.
- Welcome fermented ‘cocktail’ (non alcoholic)
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion about how fermented foods support good gut health
- How to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Learn how to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Traditionally pickled veg: demo.
- Fermented food focused recipe: demo.
- Sample a range of fermented food and drink.
- Light supper.
- A take-home booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
Fodder + Plonk was founded in 2011 by Alana Holloway and represents everything that is health and wellbeing. Through Fodder + Plonk, Alana helps people take charge of their health by teaching them how to take care of their gut.
Alana shares delicious, healthy recipes as well as complimentary lifestyle focused articles on her blog, fodderandplonk.com. She teaches the fundamentals of fermentation and gut health in private settings, at workshops and at events.