THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUTJoin Alana for an evening learning about the history fermentation, alongside the health benefits associated with eating fermented foods. Alana will demo fermentation techniques and talk you through the process of making your own jarred goodies. You will get to flavour your own water kefir using a variety of fruits, herbs and spices and finish the evening with a light supper including fermented food and drinks around our long table.
- Welcome kefir cocktail
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion about how fermented foods support good gut health.
- How to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Learn how to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Fermented food focused recipe: demo.
- How to: sauerkraut demo
- Sample LAB’s Autumn range of ferments.
- Gut healthy light supper.
- A take-home booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
Fermented by LAB was founded by Alana Holloway, who first started fermenting in 2011 when she learned how to manage her chronic full body eczema - without medication - by nurturing a healthier gut. Having experienced the countless health benefits associated with eating fermented foods, Alana was drawn to the idea of encouraging others to try it for themselves, and began teaching her techniques in workshops and sharing her recipes via her blog, Fodder + Plonk. During this process, she discovered that people wanted to make ferments part of their diet and experience the health benefits for themselves and was determined to find a way to make good quality, delicious fermented food and drink easily accessible to everyone; Alana envisioned a way for people to purchase and receive monthly deliveries of fermented food and drink, providing them with a daily serve of probiotic rich, gut loving foods, and Fermented by LAB was born.
Back to All Events
Earlier Event: October 13Pop Up | An Autumn Supper with A Tavola
Later Event: October 28Workshop | Fermentation Fundamentals with Fodder & Plonk