THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUTGut health is a topic that's becoming hard to ignore, but do you know what it's all about and how you can take care of yours? Join Alana from Fermented by LAB to learn just that, in the most delicious way possible… through food!
Fermentation Fundamentals is a hands-on workshop where you'll learn to make your own sauerkraut, traditionally pickled (lacto-fermented) vegetables, and flavour your own water kefir.
The workshop includes:
- Welcome kefir
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion on gut health: how to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Sample LAB’s Autumn range of ferments.
- Hands on: create your own vegetable ferments (Sauerkraut & Pickles).
- Hands on: flavour your own water kefir.
- How to care for your fermented vegetables.
- How to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Q & A
- Gut healthy lunch.
- Take home what you've made: 2 jars of delicious, gut loving fermented vegetables and one bottle of flavoured water kefir.
- A take-home booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
Fermented by LAB was founded by Alana Holloway, who first started fermenting in 2011 when she learned how to manage her chronic full body eczema - without medication - by nurturing a healthier gut. Having experienced the countless health benefits associated with eating fermented foods, Alana was drawn to the idea of encouraging others to try it for themselves, and began teaching her techniques in workshops and sharing her recipes via her blog, Fodder + Plonk. During this process, she discovered that people wanted to make ferments part of their diet and experience the health benefits for themselves and was determined to find a way to make good quality, delicious fermented food and drink easily accessible to everyone; Alana envisioned a way for people to purchase and receive monthly deliveries of fermented food and drink, providing them with a daily serve of probiotic rich, gut loving foods, and Fermented by LAB was born.You can find Alana here and here
Back to All Events
Earlier Event: October 27Talk, demo & supper | Ferment & Feast
Later Event: November 2Creative Workshop | Bespoke Ring Making with Ami Pepper